What we are
Europa United Media Company is a non-profit Irish organisation Limited By Guarantee and is incorporated in Ireland. Our goal is help to encourage conversation and opinion on the Europe of today though our publications and work as well as providing a platform that supports aspiring writers. Europa United receives no third party financial assistance and is not connected to any media organisation or political party. All our contributors and team members are volunteers. Our publications are our original work and it is to be noted that our contributors views are expressively their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Europa United.
Why we are here
- We wish to encourage the debate on further European integration through our publications and other activities.
- We want Europa United to provide a public service platform beyond the light speed of social media.
- We wish to speak for democracy and respect freedom of speech.
- It is vital for us to widen the debate about Europe beyond the bubbles of European focus.
- We want to be disruptive to social media while complimenting professional outlets.
- One of our primary goals is to source talent and encourage those who wish to write about Europe.
- We want to give people an opportunity to write regardless of their background or qualifications.
- We wish to evolve the concept of democratic journalism.
- To promote and work under gender balance rules.
- We want to encourage personal stories, but avoid rants.
- To be a real social media outlet for European citizens.
- We comment rather than just report – step back from the initial story and asses the aftermath.
- To build our current ability to speak with the voice of a real transnational European team.
- To become a leading civil society media organisation in Europe.
- We want to provide rational, but rival opinions on European issues.
- To defend the Europe we live in, but not make excuses for it.
- To be valued and trusted as voice of the citizens of Europe.
- To remain non-profit and encourage volunteering.
General Data Protection Regulation
Currently, Europa United does not require any personal data from visitors to our site. We do not have a membership scheme nor do we have access to, store or share any other organisations’ stored data.
With regards to donations, we recommend that any donations to Europa United are made through our PayPal link, as we have no access to your information via that portal. For other forms of donations, Europa United will only store data relevant for operational and accounting transparency reasons. Sharing your personal information with us is a voluntary action. Should we ever require any personal data we will contact and request prior consent. Persons can withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us directly.
If you want to learn more about the processing of personal data and your rights, see Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), OJ L 119, 4.5.2016, p. 1–88.
Europa United is an EU-wide organisation. Although our lingua franca is English, we recognise that it is the first language of only a minority of Europeans. We celebrate this mosaic of cultures, perspectives and languages, held together by a common commitment to liberal democratic principles.
As you read contributions from Europeans of different points of view, you will detect linguistic nuances characteristic of the writer’s origins. This is deliberate. Because we seek genuine, raw perspectives from all parts of the European Union, we also seek to preserve their local character and integrity, rather than proof-edit into perfect English.
The Europa United team
Editor in Chief
Ken is a Dublin native and self-employed for over 10 years. Ken is also a features writer for a number Irish motoring publications and is the founder of Europa United.
Lead Translator and Publication Proofreader
An interpreter and translator with an MA degree awarded at the Institute of Applied Linguistics at Warsaw University. Ola is based in Ireland.
Social Media Editor and Contributing Writer
Media advisor and Contributing Writer
A Social anthropologist who specialises in the human rights of children. In practice Brian Milne has worked on the street with ‘street children’, child labour, young migrants, young people with HIV and AIDS. Brian has a broad knowledge of human and civil rights for all ages, environmental issues and has been politically active most of his life. An internationalist and supporter of the principle of European federalisation.
Media advisor and Contributing Writer
Australian-born and European by adoption, Frances Cowell writes and speaks at conferences about investment risk and governance, financial market stability and business ethics in financial markets – and the implications for the wider political economy. She believes Europe must urgently assume the lead in protecting and preserving liberal democracy, the rule of law and the multi-lateral institutions and alliances that it depends on.
Eurochat Podcast presenter and Contributing Writer
Stella Bass is co-presenter of Europa United ‘s Eurochat podcast. Stella is based in Dublin and is a musician, actor and radio presenter with extensive experience in Irish media.